But oh the sheer happiness this gave me. He has come to appreciate REAL food. So I got into the kitchen today and whipped up this breakfast cookie inspired by pumpkin oatmeal, a breakfast favorite around our house.
Goodbye garbage cookie; Hello homemade!
nutritious grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
makes 12 cookies
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 cups rolled oats, divided
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Smash bananas until creamy and mix with pumpkin.
3. Mix in maple syrup and spices.
4. Grind 1/2 cup oats in food processor to flour consistency.
5. Add all oats and nuts to banana mixture.
6. On baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop cookies onto paper; smash down with back of measuring cup.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, and cool on wire rack.