- Heat waffle maker on medium heat setting.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form, set aside. (This step makes the waffles crispy : )
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks, milk and butter together. Add in the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Bake in hot waffle maker for 5-8 minutes until golden brown or until waffle iron beeps done.
- Serve with salted butter, mixed berries, and real maple syrup.