Abundance Bowls with Almond Butter-Lemon Dressing. Roasted veggies topped with the creamiest lemony almond butter dressing! This vegan abundance bowl will make you feel ahhhhhmazing from the inside out!
There’s nothing like starting off the week with meals prepped and ready to go in the fridge. One of my main goals for this year is to be fiscally fit. Eric and I have kept a budget since we got married (wow, it’s been almost 5 years!), and we know our weaknesses.
The area that we consistently overspend is food. I dislike that fact. And when it comes down to it…. why yes I do like to by fancy products at the grocery store like gluten free bread and almond butter, but come on I’m not shopping at Whole Foods.. so honestly when you boil it down, one of the main reasons we are overspending on the food budget is convenience. You know the story, long day at work.. who wants to cook? Not me, let’s go to Tijuana Flats. Now we wouldn’t do that every night of the week, but a night or two here and there plus a forgotten lunch a couple times per week resulting in dining out adds up FAST. It’s kinda gross.
It’s important to know these things about yourself, so that they can be fixed. I decided that I was going to pay particular attention because I’m the mostly the one spending the grocery money. We have a cash ONLY system for eating out and after doing our budget review last night, I’m happy to report that we are on target to be under budget, in fact so much we made some adjustments to the budget because we like ours to be zero based. Yipeeeee!
I’ve been working in more veggie meals to cut down on food expenses which brings me to these Abundance Bowls. This is quite possibly one of Eric’s new favorite meals. He just kept raving about how good it was last night, which made me feel super happy that my effort with meal prep was paying off!!
These are super easy to customize too, but I just roasted off a bunch of veg and made brown rice! I didn’t have tahini because I’m not the biggest fan, I used almond butter instead for a creamy thai-like dressing with lots of ginger. It’s soooo good y’all. Even if this recipe is a step outside of your comfort zone, just give it a try and I think you will surprise yourself.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ small purple cabbage, sliced
- For Dressing
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole golden flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange butternut squash on one baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and dash of cinnamon, salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Arrange broccoli, mushrooms, and chickpeas on another baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, prepare dressing. In small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients, adding additional water as needed to get dressing to desired consistency.
Eat Bowls for Dayzzz… with these AHHHmazing Bowl Recipes:
Like these recipes?? Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more yummy pins!