These Almond Butter Banana Oat Muffins are moist, satisfying, and have a delicious almond butter banana flavor. There is just enough chocolate in every bite to satisfy a sweet tooth. Flourless and gluten free.
Muffins have been on the top of my list lately. With a wild and crazy 4 month old, running a business from home all while trying to get dinner on the table… life is moving at warp speed. Do you guys feel that way too? Why can’t time just slow down?
Enter these Almond Butter Banana Oat Muffins. They save the day because I can make a batch and freeze half of them to munch on later when I need a breakfast STAT but don’t have time to make anything or a snack attack hits but I’ve got to run out the door for a meeting.
When I bake a batch of muffins I like to pack them with wholesome foods that are nutrient dense and have lots of fiber. For this recipe I used honey and bananas for sweetness and ground raw old fashioned oats in the Vitamix to make the oat flour– no wheat, refined flour or sugar here. It makes me feel good eating these dessert-like but healthy muffins anytime of day, plus my gluten free husband can enjoy them too!
Welp, gotta run. We’ve been in Auburn and traveling today, so hopefully baby will sleep in the car and give mama some time to get work done! Yippee. Hope you enjoy these Almond Butter Banana Oat Muffins as much as we do 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup certified gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and line 12 count muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, coconut oil, honey, almond butter, almond milk, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into muffin is clean.