I’m all about this Asian Rice Noodle Bowl. 1. because the favor is da bomb dot com and totally unique for us and 2. it’s ready in like 5 minutes flat thanks to some great Trader Joe’s finds.
We love Asian food, but it’s something we rarely make at home… take out baaabay is so good and oh so tempting on a night when you just don’t feel like cooking.
Our style = a bowl of Pad Thai or a pile of Mongolian teriyaki grilled chicken, veggies, and rice with yumyum sauce… <<gotta have the sauce>> Sushi roll + eel sauce and spicy mayo… check. Done and done.
But when you have a craving for Asian food, TJ’s has you covered… You can find similar items at other grocery stores, but I know you can get them conveniently at Trader Joe’s. TJ’s is all about convenience and their pre sliced veggies make my day. I’m also a really big fan of their Baked Sprouted Tofu… omg, the flavor.
But if you want to bake your own tofu… you must try this recipe for Baked Crispy Tofu.
This Asian Rice Noodle Bowl recipe makes an easy weeknight dinner or office lunch because it cooks up in less than 5 minutes! 5 minutes people and you have a delicious meal on the table that will WOW you.
- 1 block or 3-4 ounces baked tofu, diced "Trader Joe's Organic Baked Tofu, Savory Flavor"
- ¼ cup spirilized carrots (or shredded carrots)
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- ½ cup shredded cabbage and kale blend "Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch"
- ½ cup cooked Trader Joe's fresh rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons Trader Ming's Gyoza Dipping Sauce (or soy sauce)
- Cook rice noodles according to package, and take care to not overcook. They only take a couple minutes. Rinse noodles immediately in cold water, and separate by hand.
- Heat tofu and edamame on a skillet or microwave, if desired (It tastes good room temp/cold too!)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and top with sesame seeds and sauce. Serve with chop sticks!