I could spend hours in Fresh Market. Fresh flowers, colorful produce, unique products, yummy coffee tastings, large bins of raw nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, and the most scrumptious sushi eva. I find very cool ideas about food combinations and flavors just browsing the store.
Fresh, simple ingredients make a big statement. When cooking with quality ingredients the flavor cannot be topped. This recipe was totally inspired from a simple edamame salad in Fresh Market. It seemed just too easy to purchase the ready prepared salad, and I knew it would be more fun and rewarding to recreate it myself.
Edamame, Cranberry, & Feta Salad inspired by Fresh Market!
Visually this salad is appealing and perfect for a Christmas party. I love how the sweet tart cranberries contrast the salty bites of feta. Edamame adds a creamy texture along with protein and fiber that you can feel good about. Just combine 3 simple ingredients together and you’ll have an awesome show stopping salad for your next holiday gathering. I’ve made this for several parties and it’s been a big hit!
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Defrost edamame in microwave and allow to cool completely.
- Toss edamame and cranberries together with olive oil and pepper until combined.
- Gently stir in the feta cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.