A few months ago at the Central Florida Blogger Conference, I met Julie. She is adorable and so friendly. She spoke about food blogging at the conference and I found out she was from Orlando. Yay for local food bloggers! Julie and Lindsay had a sweet idea of doing a cookie swap for bloggers. This is the second year they hosted The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and over 500 bloggers participated.
Each participant sent out a dozen cookies to 3 people, and we each received cookies too :) It was so fun finding packages of cookies on my doorstep! I received some amazing biscotti and chocolate chip cookies in the mail. Eric was happy to say the least.
When you say cookie, I immediately think of my favorite chocolate chip cookie. The recipe had to be new to the blog, so I made it a little festive for the holidays. These cookies are sweetened with mint chocolate chips and stuffed with Oreo cookie truffles. Hello YUM!
Cookies all ready to be shipped :)
I bet Santa would love these cookies. Happy baking!
Oreo-Stuffed Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 24 cookies
1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar, granulated
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup mint and dark chocolate chips
20 double stuffed oreos
2 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugars in large mixing bowl; add in egg and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, whisk or sift flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips; making sure not to over mix.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and spoon dough into uniform balls. Press thumb into dough.
- In mixing bowl, combine oreo cookies and cream cheese until well combined. Roll into small balls and place in center of cookie dough, forming cookie dough overtop.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to rest 2 minutes, and finish cooking on wire rack.