A few weeks ago, the husband was munching on a “prepackaged” breakfast cookie, and texted me, “Can we try to make our own breakfast cookie?”. On a side note…I just love when he speaks in “us” form cause we know who’s doing the baking.
But oh the sheer happiness this gave me. He has come to appreciate REAL food. So I got into the kitchen today and whipped up this breakfast cookie inspired by pumpkin oatmeal, a breakfast favorite around our house.
Goodbye garbage cookie; Hello homemade!
These cookies make a yummy and nutritious grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
makes 12 cookies
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 cups rolled oats, divided
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Smash bananas until creamy and mix with pumpkin.
3. Mix in maple syrup and spices.
4. Grind 1/2 cup oats in food processor to flour consistency.
5. Add all oats and nuts to banana mixture.
6. On baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop cookies onto paper; smash down with back of measuring cup.