This Strawberry Salad Wrap is bursting with all the goodness of the Spring season. Sweet strawberries, crisp cucumbers and romaine lettuce tossed with a zesty balsamic vinaigrette and folded into a spinach wrap. Can’t get enough.
I’ve been drooling over strawberries lately. Just can’t stop eating them– they are sooooo fresh and juicy and sweet right now I want to eat them any way I can get my hands on them.
We have this great salad and wrap spot right by our office so on the daily, I’ve been hitting it up and have recently become a wrap convert. Routinely I’ve ordered a build-your-own salad but here lately, I’ve shaken things up and now the wrap is more my style. So good!!
If you’re in Orlando/Winter Park, you’ve gotta check out Eden’s Fresh. This is the place where I’ve been getting all.the.strawberries and adding them to my salads and wraps.
What I love about how they do business is it’s quick, clean, and you can pick all the ingredients you want in your salad or you can go with one of their signature salads… and here’s the trick, any salad can be made into a wrap. They lightly toss the greens with dressing and then wrap ’em up.
Ya’ll that’s is the place. So I decided to take my obsession home and recreate this bad boy. Keeping the budget down of so…. AND I can pile the strawberries high.
The possibilities are endless with turning a salad into a wrap– but here’s my latest favorite. Enjoy.
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced cucumbers
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 spinach wrap
- Place romaine lettuce, strawberries, cucumber, chickpeas, and tart cherries in a large bowl.
- In small whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste to make dressing.
- Gently toss dressing with salad greens.
- Sprinkle on cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Pour salad onto spinach wrap and fold to form wrap.