Happy #MealPrepMonday! We had another low key weekend which gives me lots of time to go grocery shopping and prep our meals during the week.
Yesterday I prepped our veggies for omelets, egg bowls and salads… and made this yummy pasta bake for lunches. While I love salads for lunch (especially tuna!!), Eric requests a hearty lunch meal.
He voted for Jasmine rice + veggies and chicken meatballs and I also made him this pasta bake so that he could have a few options.
This Sun-dried Tomato, Kale & Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake is loaded with veggies–> sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and kale so you can feel good about digging in!
Here’s our menu for the week:
- SUNDAY: Salmon, Fingerling Potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- MONDAY: Italian Wedding Soup + Popovers
- TUESDAY: Taco Tuesday @ Home: grilled chicken, onions, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, tortillas/chips, guac
- WEDNESDAY: Stuffed Chicken with Ricotta & Kale + Roasted Broccoli
- THURSDAY: Mushroom Pizza from Trader Joe’s + Garden Salad
- FRIDAY: Dinner Out
What did you meal prep this weekend?
Do you plan your dinner menu for the week?
- 12 ounces gluten free rotini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 2 links pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage, chopped
- 4 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, and pour pasta back into pot.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic softened.
- Add kale to skillet, mixing with veggies and cooking an additional 2-3 minutes until kale wilts a little.
- Gently, fold ricotta cheese and marinara sauce into pasta to coat.
- Add cooked veggies, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and chicken sausage and mix with pasta.
- Pour mixture into square baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.