This Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl perfect for that crisp fall morning!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium apples, shredded
- 100% pure maple syrup, optional topping*
- Bring quinoa, almond milk, and applesauce to a boil in medium pot.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in apple pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into bowls and top with shredded apples and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
- *Note: Optional topping not included in nutrient analysis.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 125mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g