Who doesn’t love a warm mug of hot cocoa on a chilly evening? Cozy up with this Cinnamon Hot Chocolate, guilt free with no sugar added!
- HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 cups (500 mL) 1% low fat milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsweetened cocoa
- 3 packets Pure Via sweetener
- 1/4 cup (50mL) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- Ground cinnamon
- For Hot Cocoa, pour milk into a 4-cup (1L) glass measure. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until milk is warm.
- Stir in cocoa and Pure Via until blended.
- Heat in microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Remove cinnamon sticks and discard.
- Divide cocoa mixture evenly between 2 large mugs.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle each with ground cinnamon and serve.
- TIP: For a more intense cinnamon flavor, leave cinnamon sticks in hot milk longer.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 137
- Sodium: 107mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 12mg