Oh you guys! These Low Carb Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles have so much flavor and are LOADED with veggies. I created this recipe for those of us that love all the veggies…. but we still have those Chicken Pad Thai cravings!!!
Who wants in??
I could eat Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles for dayyyyyys. It’s a filling and tasty dinner that’s still light and healthy. And the whole family will love this one. My little guy (15 months) can’t-stop-won’t-stop with the zoodles. The first time he ate Pad Thai was at one of our favorite local Thai restaurants and they have CARPET FLOORS. Parents, you know this is a disaster with a little eater trying to figure out how to put food in his mouth.
Even though HE WAS A MESS, it was one of the sweetest food memories to date with him. We spent about 10 minutes after we got the check, cleaning up the tiny shreds of pad thai noodles off the carpet floors. Let’s just say, someone got a good tip that night.
The Pad Thai sauce is homemade with a few ingredients– honey, chili garlic sauce (<– this is the STUFF y’all), rice vinegar, soy sauce and PEANUT BUTTER! Oh yes! PB is in the house.
I know, I know… you can thank me later after you chow down on this winner winner chicken dinner.
This dinner is lower carb thanks to all the veggies like zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, and cabbage. Gotta have the cabbage for crunch factor.
I did add in a smaller serving of rice noodles because rice noodles are soooo good… but you can totally leave them out if you are trying to be all strict and Whole 30 on us… but I ain’t got time for that. Gimme ‘dem rice noodles. Pretty, please?
Okay so go and grab the chopsticks and get these Low Carb Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles on your dinner table pronto!
These Chicken Pad Thai Zoodles have so much flavor. This dinner is lower carb thanks to all the veggies like zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, and cabbage. Grab the chopsticks and get this on your dinner table fast!
- 1 pound chicken breast
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural no added sugar peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, spiralized (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup cooked pad thai brown rice noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 lime, quartered
- ¼ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Season chicken with freshly ground pepper. Heat olive oil in large non stick saute pan or wok, over medium high heat and cook chicken breast until fully cooked and juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and slice.
- In small bowl, whisk together, honey, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, and water to make sauce.
- Add zucchini, carrots, pre cooked rice noodles and sliced chicken to the pan and pour sauce over top and toss to coat. Toss in bean sprouts and cabbage.
- Serve bowl of chicken pad thai with lime wedge, crushed peanuts, and cilantro.
NEED MORE LOW CARB BOWLS??
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, registered dietitian and millennial mom of two active and hungry boys. Here on Love & Zest, you’ll find (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood. I’m all about veggie-filled breakfast meal prep recipes, healthier sweets, and easy weeknight dinners made in the Instant Pot or sheet pan.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!