- 6 ounces chicken breast
- 1/4 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup packed spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise to reduce thickness.
- Place chicken in plastic bag or between two pieces of wax paper; flatten chicken with a mallet, wooden spoon, or rolling pin to 1/2 inch thickness.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta, spinach, garlic and Italian seasonings.
- Spread ricotta mixture on one side of chicken breast; fold chicken back together.
- In another small bowl, mix breadcrumbs together with salt; then thoroughly coat the chicken breast with breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for 15 minutes; remove from oven
- Pour tomato sauce in bottom of small baking dish; and nestle chicken inside.
- Top chicken with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and place back in oven for 5 minutes to heat sauce and melt cheese.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken breast
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 950
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 82