Butternut Squash Lasagna. My lasagna life was changed last night when I made lasagna and added… you guessed it, roasted butternut squash. This lasagna is loaded with veggies– peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and butternut squash. It’s just perfect for a weeknight too and makes lots of leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 6 ounces (9 sheets) whole grain “no boil” lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange butternut squash on one sheet, and eggplant on the other. Drizzle with olive oil and freshly ground pepper and roast in oven for 45 minutes. Remove eggplant after 30 minutes. Once butternut squash finishes cooking, reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat and sauté mushrooms, peppers, and onions until softened.
- Stir in garlic, italian seasonings, and pepper; toss in spinach and sauté until wilted. Fold in eggplant and squash. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to heated skillet and stir together brining to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg and cottage cheese.
- In 9X16 inch baking dish, pour small amount of tomato mixture to coat the bottom of the dish.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles side by side to line the pan. (Use more sheets if needed).
- Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture evenly on lasagna noodles, and sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese on top.
- Top cheese with 1/3 veggie mixture; repeat steps to build two more layers finishing remaining lasagna noodles.
- Top final veggie layer with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 846mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 46mg