I can’t get enough of this Caramelized Pear Oatmeal. It’s all cinnamon-y and warm and comforting, especially on a chilly fall morning! YAY!!
- 1 cup Fifty50 Foods Low Glycemic Hearty Cut Oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pear, diced
- Prepare oatmeal according to package directions. Once cooked, stir in ground flaxseed.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil and maple syrup over medium heat and cook until bubbly.
- Stir in pears and cinnamon and cover with a lid for about 10 to steam and soften pears. Remove lid and cook for a few more minutes to caramelize pears.
- Divide oatmeal into two bowls and top with pears and any additional toppings like pecans or nut butter.