These Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies are made with sweet carrots, oats, whole wheat flour, maple syrup, golden raisins and walnuts. Love all the healthy fats, whole grains, and veggies in these cookies!
- 1 cup raw instant oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together butter, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Fold in carrots, walnuts, and golden raisins until mixed.
- Spoon dough into 11 even cookies and gently press down, shaping if needed.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until cookies are set. Allow to cool slightly before moving to drying rack.
- Store in airtight container. Cookies keep longer in refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 194 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g