This Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, made with gnocchi instead of macaroni is so creamy and so cheesy, it’s hard to resist eating it all up! Have a bowl of this mac n cheese and eat your veggies too!
- 10 ounces (3 cups) chopped cauliflower florets
- 17 ounces mini gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 6 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large pot of salted water, bring cauliflower to a boil stir in the gnocchi cooking until they float to the top.
- Drain cauliflower and gnocchi in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in garlic cooking until aromatic.
- Whisk in flour and slowly add milk whisking to incorporate, bring sauce to a low boil to thicken.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place gnocchi and cauliflower in a baking dish and coat with cheese mixture.
- Top with bread crumbs and drizzle or mist bread crumbs with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mac and cheese bubbly and topping is browned.
- Category: Oven
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 582mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: cauliflower Mac and cheese, Mac n cheese