Cherry Cheesecake Pops, a no bake summer treat that will cool you down and satisfy that after dinner sweet tooth. Vegan, gluten free and paleo.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping cup fresh Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 cup raw walnuts halves
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water; allow to soak for at least 15-30 minutes.
- To prepare crust, combine walnuts and dates in food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixed well. Add vanilla extract; pulse until mixture comes together. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and press mixture firmly into bottom of pan to form crust; set aside.
- After cashews have soaked, combine cashews, maple syrup, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (until it looks like hummus, will take 5 to 8 minutes depending on the size of your food processor). Pour cheesecake filling over prepared crust and smooth out evenly.
- Arrange Montmorency tart cherries on top of cheesecake and press into cheesecake slightly.
- Insert 18 pop sticks into cheesecake, arranging 3X6, 3 sticks across width and 6 sticks lengthwise. Place cheesecake into freezer until set, about 4 hours.
- After cheesecake is frozen, remove from freezer just before serving. Allow to defrost slightly for 5-10 minutes, until soft enough to slice.
- Slice cheesecake around sticks to form 18 pops. Serve immediately. Store cheesecake in freezer until ready to eat.