To all the weeknight dinner lovers out there, these Chicken Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are for you. Fajita grilled chicken, peppers, and onions smothered between a creamy baked sweet potato goodness. This is what we call healthy comfort food.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap sweet potatoes in tin foil. Using a knife, pierce through foil to to poke holes in potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in oven for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together seasonings.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and sprinkle with fajita seasonings. Mix together and cook until chicken is browned and fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil to pan and add onions an peppers to skillet and sauté until vegetables are softened.
- Once potatoes are cooked, slice potato and stuff with chicken and fajita peppers and fresh tomatoes.