Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches that are healthy and make an easy breakfast meal prep! Chicken breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese, english muffins and all the veggies in a baked egg casserole.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 14 eggs
- 3 – 7 oz packages al fresco chicken sausage breakfast patties (12 patties total)
- 12 slices of cheese
- 12 english muffins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F’ line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle oil on baking sheet, arrange veggies on pan and toss to coat in oil; season with salt, pepper and italian seasonings. Bake for 10 minutes.
- When veggies have finished roasting, remove sheet pan from oven; gently stir vegetables and then spread out again on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs; beat well. Pour eggs over veggies in sheet pan; bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, until eggs are fully cooked. Remove baked eggs from oven and cut into 12 even squares.
- Assemble breakfast sandwiches by stacking baked eggs, cheese, and chicken sausage on english muffins.
- Prep muffins for freezer by wrapping each breakfast sandwich individually in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, date and label, and then place in freezer safe gallon bag.
- Before reheating, defrost the breakfast sandwich by placing in the fridge overnight or in microwave on defrost setting for 1 minute. Then heat muffin on high power in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, cooking until eggs and sausage are headed through.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwiches (1/12 recipe)
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 838mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 285mg
Keywords: freezer breakfast sandwiches