Because we all need Green Bean Casserole in our lives. This is recipe is easy and made with homemade cream of mushroom soup + au gratin topping! Extra crunchies, please!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup Pacific Organic Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 ounces fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Sauté onions until beginning to soften, add garlic and continue to cook until fragrant. Stir in mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are softened.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over mushrooms and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in chicken broth and half and half and increase heat to bring to simmer; salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam green beans in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Coat large baking dish with butter or cooking spray and mix steamed green beans and cream of mushroom soup together to fully coat the beans.
- Top with cheese, cheddar cheese and french fried onions.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned.