- Green beans
- Peas and carrots (equal parts, frozen)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom or chicken soup (low sodium)
- Grilled chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper
- Bay leaves
- Puff pastry, 1 sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat vegetables and cream soup in sauce pan until veggies tender. Add spices to taste.
- Pour mixture in baking dish and place thawed puff pastry on top of mixture and curl excess pastry to form crust around pie.
- Make a design out of some of the extra pastry (I formed a heart shape on top of our pie)
- Brush egg wash (egg and splash of water) on top of pastry just before baking to create a nice browning effect.
- Bake until pastry is crispy and puffs up.
- Category: Weeknight
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pot pie