This Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe is a healthy instant pot recipe that will streamline your weeknight dinner routine! Healthy instant pot recipes FTW!
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 whole broiler chicken (2.5–4.5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- ground paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4–6 springs fresh rosemary
- In an Instant Pot, pour in broth or water; insert wire rack that comes with the pressure cooker.
- Before removing product packaging, note weight of chicken.
- Remove any parts from cavity of the bird; place whole chicken on wire rack, breast side up.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter garlic and ginger.
- Press butter on top and underneath skin of chicken.
- Season skin liberally with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Stuff lemon and rosemary springs into cavity, and place at least 2 lemon slices on legs of chicken.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal the valve.
- Cook chicken on Poultry setting at high pressure f0r 6 minutes per pound.
- Once chicken is done cooking, quick release valve to depressurize instant pot and insert meat thermometer into the chicken to verify 165 degrees.
- If you like crispy skin, place chicken in roasting pan or baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and broil chicken in oven for 5 minutes until skin is golden brown.
- Before removing product packaging, note weight of whole chicken.
- This recipe was created in a 6 quart instant pot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot whole chicken, instant pot whole chicken recipe, whole chicken recipes, instant pot chicken recipes, healthy instant pot recipes