Low Sugar Sweet Potato Casserole. Gluten free vegan comfort food that tastes just like the holidays. Go grab a spoon, you’re gonna love it!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon whole golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows (vegan if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and massage 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon on sweet potatoes; roast for 30 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes finish roasting, add them to mixing bowl along with remaining coconut oil and cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt; whip ingredients together with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour sweet potato mixture in baking dish and top with flaxseed, pecans, coconut, and marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 minutes until marshmallows are toasted.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 49mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg