Mushroom Swiss Burger = the best gourmet burger recipe you’ve ever tasted. Complete with the best burger seasoning recipe and simple burger sauce for a juicy homemade mushroom beef burger!
For mushroom-beef burger
- 8 ounces mushrooms, minced (2 cups minced)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 pound 85-90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon burger seasonings, plus additional for cooking
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For burger seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For mushroom-swiss topping
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- In bowl of a food processor, pulse mushrooms until ground similar in size of beef. Remove any large pieces of mushrooms that didn’t get chopped.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute ground mushrooms to remove water; season mushrooms with a little salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- While mushrooms are cooling mix up burger seasonings in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can use your favorite premade burger seasoning.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mushroom topping by heating oil over medium low heat and sauteing onions and mushrooms until onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- After minced mushrooms have cooled, add ground beef, burger seasonings, and Worcestershire to bowl. Gently mix ingredients together with hands taking care not to overwork the meat which can make burgers tough.
- Form 4 hamburger patties, ensuring sides are even and press a slight indentation in the center of the burger to help burgers to cook evenly and not puff up in the middle. Sprinkle each burger patty with additional burger seasonings, just before grilling.
- Heat grill or cast iron skillet. If cooking in skillet, add a little oil to pan and preheat over medium heat. Grill burgers until desired doneness is reached, should take a few minutes on each side.
- When burgers are almost finished, top each with swiss cheese, mushrooms and onions. Enjoy mushroom swiss burger on a bun or wrapped in lettuce with favorite burger toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill or Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty (1/4 recipe)
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 418mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: mushroom beef burger recipe, gourmet burger, mushroom swiss, burger sauce, caramelized onions