Okra Succotash, a simple sauté of fresh okra, corn, tomatoes, and onions, is a yummmmm side dish for your next cookout… just in time for Memorial Day! I love this side because it’s fresh and filled with seasonal veggies that will make you feel good on a hot sunny day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups canned corn, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups okra, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook onion until translucent, about 4-6 minutes
- Add onion, tomatoes, corn and okra and cook covered until tomatoes blister, about 12 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and herbs like rosemary or oregano, if desired.