This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Lactation Muffins is delicious! Perfect for nursing moms + list of foods that support breastfeeding.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted coconut or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus extra to top muffins (or dried fruit like raisins or cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla).
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour through brewer’s yeast).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Line muffin tins with paper. Fill each to the top with batter and top with chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes for regular muffins, 22 minutes for mini muffins, and 55 minutes for a loaf.
- They are ready with toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan on a rack. Then, remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 196
- Sodium: 231mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 4.6g