This Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Tart Cherries will warm up your home and fall spirit. Serve a warmed slice a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra decadence. You can thank me later.
- 11.5 ounces multigrain French baguette, diced into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread cubes and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, spices, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Spray 8X8 inch square glass pan with cooking spray and arrange bread in pan.
- Sprinkle dried tart cherries on top of bread.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over bread and firmly press down on bread pieces to soak in moisture. Allow bread to soak for 15 minutes.
- Bake bread pudding in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until pudding thickens and is no longer runny.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes; serve warmed pumpkin bread pudding a la mode with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/9 recipe
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g