Roasted Quinoa Stuffed Pears are exactly what I want to eat on a cool morning this fall. These pears are stuffed with mascarpone cheese, quinoa, and pecans. So yum!
- 2 pears, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- drizzle of Truvia Nectar
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise; spoon out seeds and core. Slice piece of skin off on underneath to give the pear a flat surface to lay on.
- Coat the pears with coconut oil and place skin side down.
- Sprinkle pears with a dusting of cinnamon and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on how firm your pears are) until fork tender and golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, toss together quinoa, flax, apple cider vinegar and pecans.
- When pears have finished baking, top each with spoonful of quinoa, mascarpone cheese, and a drizzle of Truvia Nectar.