These Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens with Pears and Tart Cherries are infused with Tart Cherry Juice to give this savory main course a subtle sweet flavor that is sure to satisfy. This Cornish hen duo would make a beautiful entrée for Valentine’s Day.
- 2 Cornish hens (about 1 pound each)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 scallion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 pear, cored and diced
- ¼ cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Marinate Cornish hens in apple cider vinegar, tart cherry juice, and scallions, salt and pepper for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- In large baking dish, arrange hens and massage each with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place rosemary in the cavity of each hen.
- Arrange pears and tart cherries around hens and drizzle with marinade.
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes or until juices run clear. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 181mg