These Salmon Sliders with Blueberry Compote are quite possibly the best way to eat salmon at home! Convenience, price, and deliciousness! Warm salmon cakes, wild blueberries compote, maple goat cheese spread, toasted buttery buns = BEST FOOD EVER.
- 1/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 whole grain slider buns
- 6 ounces canned boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Watercress greens, optional
- In small sauce pan over medium high heat, stir together frozen berries, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar and cook until liquid evaproates. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Slice slider buns in half and toast on both sides until golden brown.
- In medium sized bowl, toss together salmon, bread crumbs, egg, paprika, parsley, and ground pepper, just until incorprated. Form two salmon patties and place on skillet. Cook on both sides for about 3 minutes or until golden brown crust forms.
- In small bowl, whip together goat cheese and teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Assemble sliders, with a spread of goat cheese, watercress, salmon cakes, and top with blueberry compote. Serve warm.