Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Citrus Bacon Vinaigrette… the best hearty and nourishing winter side salad to add to your holiday menu.
- For the Dressing:
- 1 shallot, peeled
- ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (or 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 strips cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 6 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a blender or food processor, add shallot and pulse to mince.
- Add Florida Orange Juice, olive oil, goat cheese, mustard, honey and bacon to the blender and pulse until dressing is fully combined and smooth.
- Place shaved Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Fold in cranberries, pecans, bacon and goat cheese and serve.
To shave Brussels sprouts, cut ends off the sprout and cut in half lengthwise. Rotate sprouts 90 degree and very thinly slice to make shreds. To save time, shred Brussels sprouts in the food processor or with a mandolin or purchase pre-shredded Brussels sprouts!