This Shrimp Grilled Cheese doesn’t hold anything back– melted cheddar cheese, buttered toast, and large grilled shrimp. Let loose, unwind and savor this comfort food any night of the week.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread (used Trader Joes Sprouted 7 Grain Bread)
- 1.5 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp, defrosted
- Heat butter on non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place two slices of toast on buttered skillet and top each slice evenly with cheddar cheese.
- While bread is toasting, place shrimp on skillet to heat for a minute or two.
- Add warm shrimp to one slice of toast and nestle it into the melted cheese.
- Using a spatula, pick up bread with just the cheese and press into side with the shrimp to make grilled cheese sandwich.
- Remove from skillet when golden brown on both sides and slice with serrated knife, if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 603mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
Keywords: shrimp grilled cheese