This Sweet Potato Pie Dessert Hummus will rock your socks. It tastes just like mama’s sweet potato pie but with all the healthy ingredients. Eat this hummus anytime— breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert. Serve with apples and cinnamon pita chips at your fall party!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup + 1 teaspoon for topping
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, for topping
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; bake for 35 minutes until potatoes are caramelized.
- Pour sweet potatoes into food processor along with chickpeas, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla, syrup, coconut oil and water; process until smooth.
- Pour hummus into bowl and top with drizzle of maple syrup, pecans, and coconut flakes.
- Serve with cinnamon pita chips or sliced apples.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g