Oh oh oh, you sweet, precious Sweet Potato Red Curry, I love you. Like really really love you. This Sweet Potato Curry is crazy simple to stir together on a chilly night when all you want to do is curl up on the couch with a cuddly blanket…and a warm comforting bowl of this Sweet Potato Curry, of course. Vegan. Gluten free.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In large pot, heat coconut oil over medium high heat and sauté onions until translucent.
- Stir in ginger and sweet potato and cook for a few minutes to begin to soften.
- Add garbanzo beans, coconut milk, curry paste, and maple syrup and stir to incorporate.
- Bring curry to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer and cook covered with lid until potatoes are softened.
- Serve warm by itself or over your favorite grain– brown rice, quinoa, sorghum.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 518mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato curry, vegetarian red curry, coconut milk