These Vegetarian Lasagna Spaghetti Squash Boats will rock your world. It’s super filling and each boat is packed with several cups of mushrooms, onions, and spinach! Talk about veggie-fied. You’re going to love this lower carb and meatless take on lasagna that will satisfy that pasta craving.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2/3 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onions together and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have softened.
- Stir in spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in marinara sauce.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta, parmesan and garlic.
- Using spaghetti squash skins, thinly layer marinara mixture, spaghetti squash, ricotta cheese mixture, and mozzarella. Repeat layers 3 more times or until all ingredients are added to boats, finishing with a layer of marinara and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes until cheese is browned on top.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe (1 boat)
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 1000mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 46mg