- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half from top to bottom.
- Scoop out seeds and place flesh side down in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 7-8 minutes; allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in cast iron skillet and sauté onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms together until softened. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
- Stir in broccoli and cook for a few minutes to brighten green in color.
- Stir in black beans; remove from heat.
- Once spaghetti squash is cool enough to touch, carefully use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash strands and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss spaghetti squash with cooked veggies and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour spaghetti squash mixture into spaghetti squash skins and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serving Size: 1 boat
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 35mg