Go fresh this summer with a bowl of zucchini noodles coated in creamy avocado sauce, and topped with almonds, tart cherries and shaved parmigiano reggiano. This veggie meal is refreshing and satisfying, no heat required.
- 2 zucchini, room temperature
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed spinach
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmigiano reggiano
- Using a spirilizer, trim the ends of the zucchini and spirilize to make zucchini noodles.
- In bowl of a food processor with puree blade attachment, add garlic, spinach and basil and pulse until minced.
- Add avocado, lemon juice, and water and process until smooth and creamy. Depending on size of avocado, add additional water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Toss creamy avocado sauce with raw zucchini noodles and top with almonds, tart cherries, and shaved parmigiano reggiano.