Best homemade chocolate chip cookies plus 10 ways to adapt it!
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon thick crystal salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixing just until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips to combine.
- Using cookie scoop, place 18 uniform cookie dough balls on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in dough in freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and roll each ball of cookie dough together in hands to compress it; and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer parchment paper with cookies to cooling rack; allow to cool for 10 minutes. Store in airtight container or plastic bag.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies