Cake for breakfast… heck yes! Birthday Cake Pancakes that tastes like cake batter with sprinkles.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter extract
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sprinkles, divided
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla extract, butter extract, milk and yogurt.
- Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold sprinkles into batter.
- Coat cast iron skillet with butter and heat over medium low heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto heated pan and cook until golden brown on both sides.