Traditional broccoli salad gets upgraded with creamy avocado and tangy citrusy dressing, you don’t want to leave out this Broccoli Citrus Salad from your next cookout.
- 6 thick slices bacon
- 4 cups (2 ounces) broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced avocado (1 medium)
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries or raisins
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecans
- For the dressing
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange bacon evenly spaced on baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes until fully cooked and crispy. Remove bacon from pan and dry on paper towels to soak up any drippings. Once bacon has cooled, roughly chop; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together broccoli, avocado, onion, and raisins.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayo, orange juice, honey, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat broccoli.
- Garnish salad with bacon and pecans. Serve room temperature or slightly chilled.