This Broccoli Citrus Salad recipe is sponsored by the Florida Department of Citrus.
Traditional broccoli salad gets upgraded with creamy avocado and tangy citrusy dressing, you don’t want to leave out this Broccoli Citrus Salad from your next cookout.
Grilling out this time of year is the BEST.
Nights are longer thanks to the extra daylight and the smell of people grilling in the neighborhood makes me want to fire mine up. I only wish that us Floridians could do campfire smores like errrbody else. I’m reminded it’s s’more season every time I’m at the grocery store and anytime I look at Instagram. Floridian dilemmas.
Remember that glorious Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Bowl I created for you last month in partnership with the Florida Department of Citrus? Welp, there’s another goodie for you today: Broccoli Citrus Salad
Even more goodness coming your way because we are hosting a GIVEAWAY to one lucky L&Z reader!! Deets at the bottom of the post.
This Broccoli Citrus Salad has it all…
thick crispy bacon
dried tart cherries
homemade citrus dressing FTW
This homemade citrus dressing is made with 100% Florida Orange Juice because it adds more than a mouthwatering taste– there’s amazing stuff inside Florida Citrus like potassium, vitamin C, B vitamins, folate and zinc!
When purchasing juice like orange juice, I look for 100% Juice on the package because it means that’s it…nothing is added.
100% Florida Orange Juice = no added sugar, water, or anything else.
It’s simply the way nature intended.
Get your hands on this Broccoli Citrus Salad ASAP and be sure to enter into the giveaway over on Instagram for a chance to win this cool prize detailed below thanks to the Florida Department of Citrus.
HOW TO ENTER. Instagram Giveaway Details:
- Follow @KristinaLaRueRD and @FloridaOrangeJuice on Instagram (if you aren’t following us already).
- Like this photo.
- Tag one friend per comment below… you can comment as many times as you want for additional entries.
This #giveaway is not sponsored or affiliated with Instagram. Contest closes Friday June 23, 2017 @ 12PM EST. Winner will be selected at random and notified via Direct Message on Instagram and must respond within 48 hours or new winner will be chosen.
Here’s what you could win!!! The Summer Citrus Box will include $100 gift card, cooking supplies, and our top picks to get you through the summer in FLOJ style!
HERE’S WHAT YOU WIN!
- $100 gift card
- Kate Spade Orange Placements
- Popsicle Molds
- Beach Towel
- Grilling Set
- Branded Water Bottle
- $100 gift card to a grocery store to buy Florida OJ and ingredients to make recipe
- Juice Carafe
- Juice Glasses
- Recipe Box
- Mini Florida Department of Citrus Recipe Book
- Salad bowl
- Salad tongs
- 6 thick slices bacon
- 4 cups (2 ounces) broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced avocado (1 medium)
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries or raisins
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecans
- For the dressing
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange bacon evenly spaced on baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes until fully cooked and crispy. Remove bacon from pan and dry on paper towels to soak up any drippings. Once bacon has cooled, roughly chop; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together broccoli, avocado, onion, and raisins.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayo, orange juice, honey, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat broccoli.
- Garnish salad with bacon and pecans. Serve room temperature or slightly chilled.