This Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet Casserole is protein packed thanks to chicken sausage, eggs and cheese. LOVE this savory lower carb breakfast– I’m looking at you cauliflower! Meal prep at the beginning of the week and store slices in airtight containers for a convenient breakfast on the go!
- 12 ounces ground chicken sausage
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 16 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- freshly ground pepper and pinch of salt
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cabot Whole Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet, over medium high heat brown chicken sausage.
- Add onion and cauliflower to sauté and caramelize; remove from heat and scraping bits from bottom of pan. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheddar (reserving 1 cup) and mozzarella over cauliflower skillet mixture.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; pour into skillet. Give mixture a gentle stir.
- Top skillet with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until eggs are set. Garnish with green onions.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 373
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 785mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 361mg
Keywords: Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet Casserole