This Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet Casserole recipe post is sponsored by Cabot Creamery.
Breakfast. It’s my favorite meal and this Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet Casserole is ALL I WANT tomorrow morning! #breakfastgoals
Last week I shared that I ran the Lady Track Shack 5K with the Cabot Fit Team and as part of my partnership with Cabot, I’m brining you this cheddar breakfast goodness today. As much as I love smoothies and oatmeal, egg breakfasts are probably at the top of my list.
I feel so much better physically when I get high quality sources of protein first thing in the morning, especially now that I’m back at CrossFit and lifting heavy again. My muscles literally crave foods that support recovery… THANKS eggs and cheddar.
This Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet Casserole is protein packed thanks to chicken sausage, eggs and Cabot cheese. LOVE this savory lower carb breakfast– I’m looking at you cauliflower!
Cooking in a cast iron skillet like this one, saves on clean up because it’s ovenproof! I’m all about one pan meals. How about you? Sauté all the veg and sausage in the skillet. Add the eggs and cheese and bake it in the oven– IN THE SAME SKILLET!!
Meal prep this recipe at the beginning of the week and store slices in airtight containers for a convenient breakfast on the go!
What do you like to eat after you workout? Hit reply to this email or leave a comment below the post!
- 12 ounces ground chicken sausage
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 16 ounces cauliflower florets
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- freshly ground pepper and pinch of salt
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 12 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Cabot Whole Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet, over medium high heat brown chicken sausage.
- Add onion and cauliflower to sauté and caramelize; remove from heat and scraping bits from bottom of pan. Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheddar (reserving 1 cup) and mozzarella over cauliflower skillet mixture.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk; pour into skillet. Give mixture a gentle stir.
- Top skillet with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until eggs are set. Garnish with green onions.