Cheesy Meatloaf Minis made in the muffin tin and full of hidden veggies. Freezer friendly, family friendly weeknight meal that’s gluten free.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves (1 teaspoon minced) garlic
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 4 ounces cheddar, small diced
- 1 cup diced gluten free bread
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- for sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; coat 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray or oil.
- Over medium high heat, sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- In large bowl, gently mix together cooked onions and bell pepper with beef, carrots, zucchini, cheese, bread, tomato paste, egg, and seasonings.
- Roll mixture into 12 small meatloafs and place in muffin tin; bake for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together sauce by combining maple syrup, mustard and tomato paste.
- Add tablespoon sauce on top of each meatloaf and broil 5 minutes.