Cheesy Meatloaf Minis in the house because my mama is known for her cheesy meatloaf + perfectly whipped mashed potatoes. Mama knows best.
ANNNND even though I grew up on southern food, this is a healthy living site so I had to sneak in a bit more veg to up its health game, sorry mama.
These Cheesy Meatloaf Minis are
loaded with veggies
high on the flavor flav
made in mini form
and are freezer friendly!
Heck yes, friends.
These cheesy meatloaf minis freeze and reheat well. Meal preppers, y’all hear that?
Are you a sauce person? Do you like a yummy sweet tomato sauce on top of your meatloaf? My hand is held up high, but my mama would disagree. We didn’t grow up with sauce on our cheesy meatloaf buttt the hubs did and I actually like it with a sauce.
We are some sauce people over here.
So we are living our best life and add a slightly sweet tomato sauce on top of our cheesy meatloaf minis.
Get it, gurl! (insert moon walking/dancing gif here).
But really guys, I hope you go and make this meal for your fam jam, or for yo’self and freeze the leftovers because that cheese right there…. is SOOO worth every bite.
You would never know there’s onions, peppers, carrots and zucchini in this recipe but IMO you should not skip them because they keep the meatloaf super moist and of course more nutritious too.
I’d love to know, are you a sauce person like us or do keep it clean like my mama? If you like sweet tomato sauce on top of your meatloaf, let me know in the comments or hit reply to this email.
And pretty please if you make this recipe or any of the other recipes on my site, rate the recipe, leave your feedback below in the comments, and tag me @KristinaLaRueRD on Instagram!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves (1 teaspoon minced) garlic
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 4 ounces cheddar, small diced
- 1 cup diced gluten free bread
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- for sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; coat 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray or oil.
- Over medium high heat, sauté onions, bell pepper and garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- In large bowl, gently mix together cooked onions and bell pepper with beef, carrots, zucchini, cheese, bread, tomato paste, egg, and seasonings.
- Roll mixture into 12 small meatloafs and place in muffin tin; bake for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together sauce by combining maple syrup, mustard and tomato paste.
- Add tablespoon sauce on top of each meatloaf and broil 5 minutes.