Chicken Fajita Casserole is an easy weeknight recipe with all the fajita veggies, black beans, sour cream and cheese loaded on top of chicken breasts and baked in a cast iron skillet. So much yum.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning packet
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cutlets
- 1 can BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onions and peppers for a few minutes before adding garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon fajita seasonings. Set aside.
- Move peppers to side of skillet and arrange chicken in one even layer into the skillet. Using a spoon, spread sour cream mixture over the chicken. And top each piece of chicken with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Pour BUSH’S Black Bean Fiesta™ over chicken and arrange some of the peppers on top. Top casserole with remaining cheese; bake for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and top casserole with cilantro. Serve fajita chicken casserole with rice, cauliflower rice, chips or stuffed into warm tortillas.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 289 calories
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Keywords: chicken, fajita, casserole, weeknight, recipe, healthy, protein