Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Cookies…have you tried coconut oil in cookies yet? Coconut oil is yummy yum yum in sweet foods. And I LOVE what it does to cookies– crispy on the edges and soft in the middle kinda of cookies, with a hint of coconut flavor.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl paddle attachement, cream together coconut oil and sugar until whipped.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and cranberries.
- Spoon mixture into 24 balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until cookie are browned and almost done in center, but still soft.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to drying rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 54g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg