Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Cookies…have you tried coconut oil in cookies yet? Coconut oil is yummy yum yum in sweet foods. And I LOVE what it does to cookies– crispy on the edges and soft in the middle kinda of cookies, with a hint of coconut flavor.
Cookies are like my go-to homemade sweet treat. I know my favorite recipe by heart and I always adapt them to my mood and the ingredients I have on hand. These cookies are kinda healthy enough to eat for breakfast with coffee, or at least I do when I make a batch :) Gotta live a little, right?
When baking cookies, I will play around with the flour and in this recipe I chose to go with white whole wheat flour because it’s a bit healthier than the regular enriched stuff. These cookies have some good for you ingredients too like coconut oil, pecans and cranberries!
Baking with coconut oil can typically be used in a 1:1 ratio in recipes. Because it’s a little more liquidy than butter, I added in extra flour into this recipe to give the cookie dough the right texture and enough rise.
You can really toss in your favorite add ins in place of pecans, chocolate chips and cranberries too! I love to adapt this recipe, but this Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Cookie recipe is a winning cookie combo!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl paddle attachement, cream together coconut oil and sugar until whipped.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and cranberries.
- Spoon mixture into 24 balls and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until cookie are browned and almost done in center, but still soft.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to drying rack.
Hi I’m Kristina LaRue, millennial mom of two active and hungry boys, which makes me an around the clock milkmaid and cheerio picker upper. Here on Love & Zest, I share (mostly) healthy recipes to fuel the whole family and real life stories of modern motherhood.
Did you make one of my recipes?? Leave a review in the comments and tag @loveandzest #loveandzest on Instagram!
If you’re a modern mama– I’d love for you to join my Facebook group A Modern Motherhood Collective!